Monday, October 8, 2012

Reason #165 that I love my husband

I'm getting pumped for the Basehor Craft Fair!  PUMPED!  I'm starting to focus all of my crafting/free time around preparations.  Which leads me to reason #165 that I love my husband.  I'm making more I Spy Bags...


I've changed my format a bit - they're round now and a wee bit smaller (better for little baby hands, duh).  Well anyway I spent at least an hour making that little card that I laminate and attach to the bag.  I have to lay out all the items spaced just right, take a picture, then label everything, etc. etc.  So I really wanted to keep using that card over and over BUT I ran out of the cars and bowling pins!


Are you as sad about that as I am?  You should be.  #firstworldproblems  I don't tweet but I've seen other people hash tag things so I thought I'd try it.  I'm not sold.

Anyway...today Mr. J.G. came up and joined me for lunch on my break.  Well afterward we went to the Dollar Tree thinking I could get more bowling pins and cars (Dollar Tree is where I got them originally).  Welp...we walked around the Dollar Tree for 25 minutes looking and couldn't find either!  Then when the lady asked me if I found everything ok and I told her my dilemma (complete with displaying the i spy card) she walked around with us for another 5 minutes trying to find it.  Mr. J.G. helped...the whole time....30 minutes...in a Dollar Tree.  That's love people.  I also thank his mother for it.  I'm pretty sure she did things like that to him as a child on a regular basis and he's just been broken down now.  :)

Oh, and if all else fails I know I can just find a substitute to the bowling pin and remake the card...but what a pain in the butt.  It's much easier to drive to 15 Dollar Trees and search, right???

Back to my Basehor Craft Fair prep!  So far I've made 12 mason jar sewing kits.  I think I'll have about 25 or 30 I Spy bags by the time all is said and done.  I need to start making some Family Birthday Boards, but my motivation there is a bit lacking.  I'm a little burned out on them so these other crafts have been a nice distraction for me.

This Craft Fair also seems to have a lot of old pros...a little intimidating.  SO, I'm trying to up my professionalism level.  I was pretty happy with the cuteness of my craft booth at my first fair over the summer (remember this??), so now I've resorted to getting better storage/transport containers.  I ordered a monogrammed thirty one bag yesterday.  Have you guys seen these things???  They look awesome!  Tons of room, pretty solid, and super cute.

Large Utilty Tote

Image courtesy thirtyonegifts.com

You have to find a consultant, so email me if you're in town because I can give you the info on the lady that sold mine to me.  I got mine in a cute turquoise and brown pattern and monogrammed with my new initials...bam!

AND I've also decided to purchase two of these awesome HUGE bags from Clever Container.  My sister has started selling it - it's a new line of products.  I'll be perfectly honest...I'm usually not a big fan of these lines of stuff that people sell (sorry).  Sometimes it can be a bit pricey (pampered chef...nice but eeesh) OR it's something I really don't use.  But, both the Thirty One bags and Clever Container have some nice stuff that I can actually use (especially as a crafter!) and the prices are really good which is a big factor for me.  Clever has lots of organizing stuff...but here's what I'm getting:

Image courtesy Clever Containers

It's slightly hard to tell (this is a picture I snipped from the online catalog) but they are these massive bags (they come up to my mid thigh...huge).  They are pretty solid too so I think they'll be great to haul a bunch of stuff to and from craft fairs.  Here's my sister's website so you can buy your own if you want!  http://mycleverbiz.com/brookeparker

Alright, I'll keep you all posted on my Craft Fair happenings as I move forward....and on the status of the miniature bowling pin search :)

1 comment:

  1. Um, those I Spy bags are awesome. I thought about making one for my one of my little buddies with these cool jars that I found (and the lid glued on) but I get really frustrated looking for little pieces to put in it. I found some ladybugs but now I don't even remember where.

    ReplyDelete